Wednesday 17 February 2021

Wear a hat indoors....Free knitting patterns

 I was passed these words of wisdom from someone this week "I wear a hat indoors so I don't have to have the heating on".  Given that I am on unpaid leave AGAIN - thanks to COVID, I am looking for ways to keep the costs down   The number of frugal/super frugal tips and sites that have mushroomed in the wake of the biggest dip in the economy in a decade give or take is enormous, personally with Raynaulds Syndrome in the family turning down the heat too much is not an option and some of the tips may save money but we don't want complete misery in life do we?

This collided in my brain with a homework that was set by my youngest's DT teacher (he is in the middle of a Year 8 textiles module) - "Knit something".  Now my SEN son does not have the patience to knit - or the interest- so we did about 8 inches of French Knitting which took about half an hour and did not drive us both to distraction; as a reward he got the half term award for the year group for this subject.




Knitting is something that is undergoing a revival thanks to YouTube teaching people how to do it - personally I learnt from my great gran followed by my mum, my grandmother being another one who did not have the patience. Those people that are in the middle in terms of generations are less likely to have had someone to learn from. These days I have the desire but not the time and none of my children are really interested...

However if you would like to knit a hat either to wear indoors or out - the choice is yours, I won't judge! - then here are a round up of FREE knitting patterns as far as I am aware.

All Free Knitting

The Spruce Crafts

Lets Knit

Knitting Bee

LoveCrafts

Knitting Help

Fave Crafts

Handy Little Me

Woolywormhead

Nixneedles

Free Vintage Knitting






No comments:

Post a Comment