Sunday 11 August 2013

Vegetable fritters

In an attempt to find some way of stretching the family food bill I found a recipe I saved a long time ago...
Courgette Fritters
450g grated courgette
50g grated cheese
2 eggs beaten
4 tbsp plain flour
salt and pepper to season

1)Squish courgettes in a clean dish towel to remove excess water, 
2) combine squished courgettes with cheese, eggs, flour and seasoning and shape into pattie shapes
3) Fry in a little oil till each side is golden brown
4) drain and serve

Again it is from Moneysavingexpert I think - but it does strike me that it could be used for other veg as well - grated carrots or parsnips perhaps?  Maybe without the cheese and with other flavouring such as curry powder - sort of like a bhaji?  Results back as soon as I get some time to experiment....

No comments:

Post a Comment