Sunday 7 March 2021

Making cards and scrapbook backgrounds - resources for free

 One of the things that I like to do and do not do as much now my "kids" are teens is making things together.  However I have found two resources that I am using to up my craft quotient and keep me away from the screen more often.  Usually this would be sewing - but my machine is sick and thanks to COVID cannot be mended yet... so I resorted with scissors and paper to get my fix.

The first resource is a monthly pdf  from "Call me {crafty} Al".   Her YouTube channel contains the link in the description and a new video is released on the first of the month and has been for over a year. This uses card stock and patterned paper from pads (usually 12x12) to produce a set of co-ordinating cards.  Of course they are US cards which needs mentioning as this is not a standard size for the UK and you need to buy specific sized envelopes but I digress. The layout and cutting guide are free and anyone who uses them uses the hashtag if they post online so that you can look at all the examples from around the world for inspiration.

Here is this months video for your starter for ten


The second resource that I have been using is for background papers and elements.  This came about because my youngest son is still at home rather than school and will be until I get my jab.  The school I have to say have been brilliant - no fines here and when we return it will be phased as he has not been in the building for a whole year come this week.  As a result I have been acting as his teacher/teaching assistant and one of the things we had to do was a mood board for a textiles project that the pupils in school will be completing - we have indicated that since we have a home sewing machine there is no reason for us not to do it either.  For the task to count towards assessment (B is not at the GCSE stage yet) it needs some information to back it up so we needed to do a digital mood board - and therefore headed to the digital scrapbook sites available on the net.  This one stood out for us - free, easy to navigate and thousands of papers (mostly suitable for backgrounds which was perfect).  When I say thousands I mean over six and a half thousand sets in 36 colourways - someone sure had a ball in Photoshop. Anyway the site is called chantahliadesign click here to head to the Home page.



Right off to review, adapt and supplement the mainstream worksheet for today for my SEN son for the day.  Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment