Tuesday 1 December 2020

Emergency Meatloaf

 The other day I started cooking Sunday lunch only to discover after all the veggies etc were prepped that the chicken that I had picked up had gone off. What then to do?  My sons are simple as they already have sausages instead of roast meat (it's an autism texture thing...) but this still left me, my eldest and my OH with only veggies, and I had deliberately left off going shopping as long as possible as well so had hardly anything in. (chicken nuggets anyone?)  In the back of the fridge I had 250 g minced beef for the next day and so this was going to have to do.  Luckily I also had a box of savers sage and onion stuffing (no idea when or why I picked that up) .  I followed the instructions on the stuffing mix and made this up and then added the mince and mixed well with my hands to combine it all.  This I then put into a loaf tin and cooked alongside the boys sausages.  Served with roasted veggies and gravy it was absolutely delicious and may well be something that I "pull out of the hat" again.  It would even feed 4 non-greedy people and would have cost about £1.55 total if I used the 15% mince from Tesco.   This would be less than £1 per head even by the time the veggies were added in, not bad for a Sunday Roast if I do say so myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment